"MUSICAL JOURNEY" VIOLIN PROGRAM
The "Musical Journey" Violin Program is for children 7 yrs+ and their parent(s). It consists of a "student-teacher-parent triangle". Each has responsibilities to ensure that the student can learn and work to his full potential.
- Parents read "Nurtured By Love" and "Ability Development From Age Zero" by Dr. Shinichi Suzuki and obtain a copy of "Beyond the Music Lesson" by Christine E. Goodner.
- Parents of young beginners also learn to play the violin as they are the home teacher.
- Parents play the repertoire recordings everyday for their child.
- Parents will ensure that student attends weekly lesson and scheduled Group Lessons.
- Allow time for student to take out their instrument and prepare for their lesson. Then log into Zoom 5 minutes before scheduled lesson time.
- Students will attend a weekly lesson.
- Student will attend scheduled Group Lessons.
- Students will practice daily following a given format to help make the most of practice time.
- All repertoire is to be memorized.
- Materials required for lessons are: notebook to record lesson assignments and music.
- Have instrument out and ready for the lesson, before logging on to Zoom
- Teacher will adhere to the Suzuki philosophy.
- Teacher will strive to instill in each student the concepts of listening, technical mastery, musical sensitivity, and performing with a noble heart.
- Teacher will strive to teach and perform with a noble heart